Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentTimeMar 31st 2007
    If you visit the Barney's Angels myspace page you might have seen that Adriana posted a message that Neil Tennant said that Electronic might be recording a new single or album. That Adriana gets around...she has her picture taken with everyone! ;-) Anyway...enough with my jealousness!

What do you all think about something new from Electronic? Is it good, bad, does it just take time away from New Order?
    More Electronic would be cool! I don't think it would really detract from NO, since I don't anticipate their (NO) touring or recording again. ;____; I'd like it if Electronic collaborated with Denise Johnson again as well.
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2007
    I would LOVE some more Electronic... that sounds promising if Neil Tennant said that. Haven't we heard that rumour before though?
    • CommentAuthorAdriana
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2007
    Hablando de electrónica. No mucha gente se acuerda, pero ustedes han trabajado en Electronic, el super dúo que conformaban Bernard Summer (New Order) y Johnny Marr (The Smiths). ¿Cómo recuerdan aquellos días?

T: ¡Fue muy entretenido! Ese era un tipo de proyecto muy divertido… Recuerdo cuando Chris y yo fuimos a Manchester en auto a encontrarnos con ellos, fue un poco accidentado. ¡Nos perdimos! (risas) Yo nunca había estado en Manchester y Chris, muy brevemente. Después, encontrarnos con ellos fue muy emocionante… ¡Ambos son verdaderas leyendas del rock inglés! Sobre todo en ese momento. Ese día tuvimos una muy linda conversación entre todos y así fue que nos hicimos amigos. Amistad que continúa siendo muy fuerte. Y haber participado de Electronic tuvo mucho que ver. Fue muy divertido. Bueno, Johnny Marr tocó en muchos de nuestros discos. En el anteúltimo, estuvo en casi todos los temas. Está claro que seguimos siendo muy amigos. Seguramente, volvamos a hacer algún disco nuevo de Electronic o saquemos algún simple.

The underlined paragraph means: "It is clear that we (Marr, Sumner and me) are still very good friends. Surely,we are going to release a new album or a single"....

Well...that is not a very good translation but I guess you understand it....
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2007
    That would be great...especially if New Order are no more :-(
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2007
    maybe that's why? because NO are no more?
    *sigh* Oh God, please don't remind me of the really somber news...
    • CommentAuthorLorena
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2007
    Congratulations Adriana..great informayion :)
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2007
    I would be more than happy to have more Electronic....cos I can still drool over Bernard! oh and the music was good too
    By the way, guess what I picked up at FYE yesterday...

Here's a hint: 'Get the Message'!
    I agree, Jane! lol. I imagine new Electronic would be the closest to actual NO that we'll get anymore - Twisted Tenderness was almost a sort of Get Ready: The Prequel, at least imo.

Sunshine: w00t! It's so good!!

...And they actually had Electronic at F[**k,]Y[ou're]E[xpensive]?? :-o
    Yeahuh! That's where I got it.

And *LMAO* at your FYE acronym. Classic!
    lol, I borrowed it from a friend of mine.

What do you think so far? What are your favourite tracks?
    They're all awesome. I've found strong faves though in GAWI, GTM, Disappointed, Prodigal Son, and Twisted Tenderness. Great stuff all around really.