Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Alright, with the latest twist-around going on at NOOL, I figure an official 'CONTROL' thread should, somewhat, be started here.

And what better way to begin the Ian Curtis Jubilee with this bit of charming news...

The Debut at Cannes: the Gospel according to the BBC.

Plus, BRAND NEW BANNERS for all of us in celebration of the Jubilee!

Sooo... now that the Jubilee has [sort of] begun, and with the Anniversary of the passing of Ian, oh, somewhere in the world between NOW and tomorrow, one question remains for the film and the jubilee--I know MY answer but, question is...

...are you ready?
    And on that Note: BRAND SPANKIN' NEW BANNERS!!!

This one was actually inspired by a banner on NOOL:

The URL: i158.photobucket.com/albums/t90/starknight1sun/icms1.png

And these four are based on the stills from 'CONTROL' that leaked on the Net earlier this week!! :-D

...okay, anyone think Sam Riley looks a helluva lot like Ian?

The URL: i158.photobucket.com/albums/t90/starknight1sun/control1.png

*sigh* The young men. W00t!

The URL: i158.photobucket.com/albums/t90/starknight1sun/control2.png

...no, seriously, this IS a movie still. But it looks sooo good!!

The URL: i158.photobucket.com/albums/t90/starknight1sun/control3.png

And, no, really, Sam Riley: Ian Curtis look-a-like. Totally HOT! [No seriously, he could give Steve some mad competition...!]

The URL: i158.photobucket.com/albums/t90/starknight1sun/control4.png

Alllllllllllllllllllllright Angels, let's rock this Jubilee and kick it up--IAN CURTIS STYLE!! *dances like Ian a la 'Shadowplay' video*
    *P.S. #2 I'm working on two new MySpace layouts based on the stills on which banners 2 and 4 were made! If you want me to fix up a layout for you also, let me know! *thumbs up/resume working!*
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2007

I love these banners, Sunny. Really, really nice work.

Sam Riley looks like a good Ian Curtis. Barney's guy doesn't look too bad either. I'm excited for this movie.
    These are nice! Sam Riley does look a lot like Ian.

Argh, why do we have to wait until September? :-P
    • CommentAuthorJanainaS
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2007

I think sam Riley looks very much like Ian.
    EEEEE!! Just got up one of the two new MySpace layouts for 'CONTROL' up on my MySpace! I love it!!

[Hint: it's got Mr. Cutie Riley in it! *grin*]
    •  
      CommentAuthorneworder
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2007

These are great Sunny another great job from our computer wizz kid
    *blush* Heh, you think it was easy trying NOT to drool over Sam 'I'm sexier than Ian Curtis!' Riley!? Even nicer are those shots of the NO guys!! Steeeeeeve...

*THUD*

[P.S. I'm using the 'Behind his eyes...' banner on my MySpace. Special request banner for the first Angel to CORRECTLY NAME THE SONG AND THE ARTIST that the line is from.]
    lol is it Atrocity Exhibition and Joy Division? (Yes I am tipsy at the moment lol)

Sam Riley XESIER THAN IAN??? NO way man!
    *ROFLMFAO!!!* Spyg, you got it!!! For someone who's tipsy, you got it!!! *LOL*

Make your request [doesn't have to be while you're tipsy!] for your banner, hun!!

And, okay, maybe he is tied with Ian? *shrug* They're both awful cute!! *blush*
    I haven't thought of one yet (even sober now), but I'll get back to you on that!

Let's popularise the spelling "xesy" *shifty eyes* :-D
    P.S. Sam Riley is nice-looking, but I think I have a crush on Alexandra Maria Lara. *blush* :-)
    XD Yeah, that sounds like a nice way to spell it. *still laughing her butt off about it*

BTW, did you see the new pics Jen posted... erm, with the two men most likely to spell the death of me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2007

She is very pretty. I think she and Sam Riley date, I found pictures of them all over each other at Cannes.
    Yep. They actually ARE a couple. There's a thread about it on NOOL in the Behind Closed Doors thread. Apparently sparks flew when they met at the shooting, and he's already moved to Germany and learning to speak the language! They DO make an adorable couple! *sigh*

...meh...
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2007

Awww...he's learning German for her. How sweet :-)
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2007

There's an official trailer up at NOOL, if you haven't seen it yet..

very exciting, I can't wait. Official release here is in october.. darn that's long.

makes me sad a bit too to watch this :/ especially the epilepsy stuff.
    And, ahum.. "Barney" still doesn't look much like him. But I watched the trailer without sound (I'm at work), who knows he's got the voice right ;D
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

I saw this trailer but not sure if it is what is up at NOOL. The movie looks great and I can't wait to see it. I don't think that guy looks much like Barney either. He reminds me of a young David Hyde Pierce (Niles from "Frasier").
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2007 edited

I just watched the trailer again....it is odd how you can see a quick scene and know exactly what it is about, who was involved, what year it was, where they were...or am I just obsessed? ;-)
    • CommentAuthormari

then I must be too..

it's the same trailer as on NOOL, by the way.

Niles! Shit, now I'll be thinking of that all the time I see him. Have to say though, even though he doesn't look much like him, he's got some great lines :D I think they got all their characters really well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

yeah, we're obsessed....why else would be hang around here :-)

LOL Sorry for the mental image of Niles Mari. He probably does a fine job. A lot of it is just mannerisms and things like that...usually if that is there you can overlook a lack of resemblance.

After seeing the trailer I'm very excited for the movie.
    I can relate. Seeing the trailer gave me good chills--and it's good evidence that I'm really effin' psyched to watch the movie!

October!? Dang, big things happening in October:
    4 October ~ My 24th Birthday *w00t*
    28 October ~ Steve's 50th *damn he's old but he looks sooo good!* Birthday
    31 October ~ Halloween *uber-w00t*
    ?? October ~ 'CONTROL'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* October's gonna be sooo good!
    The trailer makes me even more impatient to see it! It looks as if Sam Riley really has the Ian mannerisms down. I'm anxious though because I'll be leaving England around September/October ;__________; to go back to a po-dunk town, and Control will probably NOT be showing anywhere within a reasonable distance - so I hope it comes out before I leave.

I think it's kind of funny that the guy playing Tony Wilson looks more like Steve Coogan than like TW. But the actor playing Rob Gretton looks just like him!

Also, count me in as one of the obsessed. ;-)
    You know how Sam Riley was in 24 Hour Party People, supposedly portraying Mark E. Smith, according to IMDB? Well, I watched 24HPP again tonight, and I think I saw him briefly in a shot of the audience during the "Transmission" scene! (The first one with "Transmission"? I think there are two.)
    OMG! I did NOT know that!!

As soon as I get the DVD I'll be watching it, first thing! And I'll defo check out Sam in that scene. ;-) Thanks for the note, Spyg!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2007

Yeah, I read that about him having a small bit in 24 Hour Party People. I'm planning on watching it this weekend to see if I can spot him.
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2007

24hpp: if you have the luxury double disc version (guess who has it :D), Sam's in one of the 'deleted' scenes, performing on stage, actually.
    Uhm I think he looks hot, but isn't he a bit too.. pretty to play Ian?
    Heh, I got the regular version for only 3 quid, but someday I'm going to invest in that.

I don't know, Ian was quite pretty! :-D
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2007

Attractive: yeah (though not to me, but I can see it), pretty: I would say no.. maybe that's just me
    *is standing by Spyg. end of.*

Ian = permanently pretty. :-D
    I doubt this will be coming to a cinema where I live in Japan, so I hope to get this on DVD some time in the future.
    I can't wait to see this film.
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2007

actually, a japanese distributor has bought it :-) So there's a chance it may come to a cinema where you live.

http://www.screendaily.com/ScreenDailyArticle.aspx?intStoryID=32759&Category=
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2007

It will probably be in Japan. But, yeah, thank goodness for DVD.
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2007

here's some more videoclips (interviews with Sam Riley & Anton Corbijn), a link that was posted on JD Central's forum:

http://www.barneysangels.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=150&page=1#Item_34

I'm downloading those clips at the moment, so if anyone's interested in them I can post the files at sendspace
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

If it isn't any trouble, please post them!! :-)
    Woot!!
    • CommentAuthormari

dunno why sendspace seems to take ages to upload something these days :\ Anyway, here they are:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/om4opt
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ndj7me