Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hee... you want a real sing-along Barney?

New Order performing 'Krafty' at FujuRock Fest 2005

...with Barney singing...

...IN JAPANESE!!!

...uh-huh. Yeah, I know. Y'all love it when a man sings in a foreign lingo! Uh-huh!
    And for some extra brownies for us,

My NEW fave NO video... second only to TPK of course!

*HEEE!*
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2007 edited

Oh my...when did he learn Japanese!! Very cool. Nice find, Sunny.

I love "Regret" so much and the video for it is so great. It is perfect for the song. The video really shows off how much style New Order has always had...the record sleeves, those old factory posters. I decided last night, after seeing some photos online, that if I ever get a tattoo it will be of the Factory 'f'. :-)
    • CommentAuthorJanainaS
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2007

Great to see Bernard singing in Japanese!!!
    • CommentAuthorJanainaS

And you are also doing your homework girl finding this rare video :))
    • CommentAuthormari

I had heard about that but never actually seen a clip :D great find, Sunny!
    It's a little difficult for me to watch live NO footage right now, but I had to check this out! Cool, thanks!

The "Regret" video is great, though out of the Republic singles "Ruined in a Day" with the monks playing charades is my favourite! Then there's the notorious Baywatch Regret... Don't Hassel the Hoff! ;-)

Jen, I agree, the iconography/imagery has always been an important part of JD/NO. I've often wondered just how much the cover art (for example, Unknown Pleasures ) has influenced the overall mental impression I get of the actual music on a given album. I think it's been said that Peter Saville is the 5th member of NO (although I suppose he vies with the autocue for that position, ho ho). And then the visual element of videos like "True Faith" and "BLT" just enhance already spectacular songs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Yeah, I have to put that Baywatch moment out of my mind when I hear Regret.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

I've thought about this...speaking of the 5th member Mr. Autocue...Barney can't recall his own songs but he can manage Krafty in Japanese? LOL.
    Hahaha, I didn't even think of that! I guess he had the Japanese words on autocue, but it seems as if that would be difficult to read unless he were already familiar with the language.
    Best thing about this was that it was TWO O'CLOCK THIS MORNING WHEN I POSTED THEM!!! *ROFL*