Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2007 edited

So I haven't started reading the biography yet... I know that an article on the bio said that it will answer the question of Bernard's real name but what other things do you most want to know about Bernard/New Order and related?
    • CommentAuthorAdriana
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2007

How many and who fans did he sleep with???:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorwebstercat

Not me, despite what other threads say!!!! LOL!!!:face-devil-grin:
    Any information, what do we know about him really?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

LOL Adriana!

Yeah, whatever, Sharon. ;-)
    *LOL* No comment!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorwebstercat
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2007

I know Jen, I wish!!!! I'm a true Angel, honest!!!! :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2007

Something I have always been curious about is what Tony Wilson said in the commentary to 24HPP. He said something along the lines of "people would be surprised to know about all the artists Bernard writes for/produces without putting his name on it." So I assume Bernard uses a "pen name" and I've wondered about it since then...
    • CommentAuthorJanainaS
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2007

If it is really true that he does not wear any underwear...:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2007

Oh yeahhh....that article! I like to think that he does not wear underwear. He is sans underwear at all times :face-monkey:
    • CommentAuthorJanainaS
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2007

Sometimes I keep thinking of Bernard not wearing underwear OH MY GOD :face-devil-grin:
    Does Bernard have a middle name?:face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008

Bernard Eugene Sumner the Third
    Not real, but it spells out BEST! :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008

Hmmm you know, I don't think he has a middle name. I don't remember the bio mentioning one anyway.

I like Eugene. We'll go with that, DJ!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009

I asked David Nolan, since he has seen Barney's birth certificate, if Barney has a middle name. He does not have a middle name.

Mr. Nolan also told me that he has a new book coming out this year that will be of interest to us Angels. He wouldn't say any thing else right now. As soon as I know more I will pass it along. I'd love a comprehensive bio on the whole band.
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009

I'd like that too. Next time I go to a bookstore I'll look for Barney's autobiography.
    I just can't get enough info on bernard and New Order, I think I've read everything and I wish I had kept those english music mags from the 80's.:face-sad:
    I would like to know if anyone knows the names of his other 2 children. His first is called James and his last one is called Finlay but what about the other boy and his daughter?:face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthornataliet
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009

I'd like to read the "infamous" Smash Hits article that was mentioned in the bio- you know the one that supposedly had the photo of the girls running out of the hotel room with Bernard's underwear? I used to get Smash Hits from time to time back then, but I'm sure I'd have held on to that issue:face-devil-grin:

I hope we're not coming off as too, too nosy. Oh well, maybe around his 53rd birthday a guy might be a little falttered that there are still ladies all over the world that want to know juicy details?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Natalie, I have scans of that article. I just have to find them....
    •  
      CommentAuthornataliet

Sweet! You're the best, Jen:face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Okay, I found the Short Cut to the scan of this article. When I click the image it tries to look for it. Brian says I must have deleted the original but kept the short cut. I will keep searching my computer. It is here somewhere. One of the pictures from the article shows these two girls (groupies?) swinging Barney's shorts from a balcony. By the looks of the shorts, if my memory serves me right, he is a boxers kind of guy. :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthornataliet

Or a nothing kind of guy? :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009

LOL, that is hilarious! Reminds me I need to scan my birthday card of Barney being carried by all his female fans.