Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Ok, now as some of you may or may not know.. I seem to be oblivious sometimes... but what's the fudge bag thing about? lol. Was this actually barney's bag or something else.. or...? I'm VERY curious. :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorwebstercat
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2007

It's to do with Beachowl's Barney-spotting stories on the 'Introduce Yourself' thread, she has a bag that's been signed by Bernard, the bag would have been used to sell fudge in. :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2007

Here's the picture of Barney's Fudge Bag. The title of this thread is so funny!
    did barney give the fan the bag or did the fan already have the bag and he signed it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorwebstercat
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2007

Here you are, i've copied it to here for you to save you the bother of looking on the other thread.

Beachowl;

Oh i forgot, i've two sumner spottings for you, don't get too excited though...

In about '92 he frequently stopped by my friends shop in Mobberley. Always bought fudge. I forget which type and i never met him. I'd been trapped in the happysadland of 'Technique' for years by then. Happily (and sadly) the loss of his cheekbones was my gain when my mates Nan got him to sign a paper fudge bag for me.

I did see him years later in John Lewis, Handforth Dean, buying a shirt with his son. I walked away though, i usually do when i bump into heroes. It doesn't seem right that they give you a bunch of pleasure and you repay it by stalking them round the Henry Lloyd section. Anyway for the less timid sumnerspotter i recommend mooching round Handforth Dean armed with 1 bag of fudge and some empty fudge bags. They fit CD cases perfectly.

and.........

The fudge bag sulked a few years till i came round to CDs, when it became my Technique CD cover. (A prestigious location as Technique is my favourite album and album artwork. I spent the week Wilson died trying and failing to get into a flat i'd once lived to reclaim my vinyl Technique cover and hang it from the railings outside the hac apartments, with the flowers and the white label with the message written in the middle.)

I've just borrowed a scanner so if i can suss it i'll share my fudge bag with you...

:face-smile:
    awwwwwww :face-devil-grin: cute story. barney loves fudge. *grins*