Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I am running into a road block in my quest to possess all things Bernard Sumner. Does anyone else feel frustrated with iTunes? Using David Nolan's book as a resource, I have been looking for some of the songs Barney either produced or sang on, like "This Time I'm Not Wrong" by Sub Sub or Banderas' song "Ripe". I can't find it. Does anyone own the cd's he produced under BeMusic Productions? They are available on iTunes for those who are interested. I am curious what others think before I take the plunge and buy them. It's hard to judge by a 14 second sample. It's silly really because I know I am going to buy them anyway.

There are so many songs I remember from the 80's that fall into the "new wave" category that iTunes just doesn't carry and I find it really annoying. Is it so hard for them to carry "Kiss Me" by Tin Tin? Or "I'll Take You There" by General Public? Okay, I'm done ranting.
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2007 edited

got the SubSub song. I'll put the link up in a minute. As for iTunes... uh... *whispers* emule, soulseek, dimeadozen? I've never bothered to try iTunes to be honest.
    Thanks Mari....I will have to try your suggestions.............:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2007

thanks again! Oh my god....I just opened it and there were a LOT of songs I was looking for. You truly are an angel!!!!
    you might also wanna check out the Soulseek program. a lot of rare goodies on there.
    • CommentAuthorSophie

Be careful with the download sites ladies - make sure you have a good antivirus installed and run a spyware program regularly. They're a good source of music but some of the programs that sneak in can seriously screw up your pc or MAC.
    Try downloading something, then run ADAWARE or SPYBOT and see what else you've stuffed your machine with. Avoid Kazaa at all costs...

Saying that, DimeADozen is way cool - if you can get registered. Most things there are live and all 'official' releases are removed, usually by the posters. :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Definitely some good advice, Sophie!
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2007

I use PeerGuardian, AVG anti virus and Zone-alarm: never a problem. You're right about Kazaa though! Soulseek is very cool, has a lot of 'alternative' music.
    yeah, soulseek seems to be pretty free of most of that spyware and virus crap. and yeah AVG anti-virus is great. been using that for years now and has always been reliable.