Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoogPHP
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007

Any images or photos you want to include in your posts must be hosted (that is uploaded) to someplace before you add them to your comments. You cannot upload photos directly to Barney's Angels. You'll need to use a photo storage service like Photobucket, Flickr, or any of those types of places.

When you upload an picture to one of those places, you should get a web address for that picture. Once you have that web address, copy it.

When you're writing your comments, click the image icon in the toolbar - the blue box next to the "A" icon. When you do, a window will open and ask you for the address to your image. Paste the picture web address into the field, then click OK.

When you click OK, some code will be inserted into your comment. Wherever this code is in the comment is where the image will appear.
    ~~~

EXAMPLE: I have a picture up on Flickr and want to include it in my post. First thing I need is the web address for the picture.
    This is the web address it gives me: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2228/2105770297_1b6887b303_t.jpg />
    Next, I click the image icon in the toolbar and paste in that web address. It inserts code into my comment.

Simple as that.
    Hope that helps.
    Thank you, Brian. It does help. I may actually be able to post a picture one day!:face-smile:

Like this:

w00t!
    I now realize that I was not in BBCode. I never knew what it meant. I am now being chastised by my husband, who is telling me that if I would have asked him, he would have told me what that meant.

Shh....I did ask him a while ago but he blew me off. LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007 edited

Thanks, Brian...you explained it far better than I would have.

That's a nice picture of me on your desk, by the way ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007

<<I now realize that I was not in BBCode. I never knew what it meant. I am now being chastised by my husband, who is telling me that if I would have asked him, he would have told me what that meant.
    Shh....I did ask him a while ago but he blew me off. LOL
    >>

I had no idea what BBCode was until this site either. That sounds like a man's response!
    Euh...is that normal that I don't have access to a toolbar *scratches head heavily*:face-plain:
    Did you try clicking the BBCode button just above the emoticon pictures where it says "Format comments as..."? When I did that, the whole world opened up and angels sang. I had a toolbar, could post pictures, everthing.
    YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! THANKS!:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorwebstercat
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited

I'll try and upload a pic when i get the hang. Too stoopid for 'puters me!
    •  
      CommentAuthornataliet
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008

Waaah... every time I try to select BBCode, it says error on page and nothing else happens.:face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008

Natalie, does it prompt you to allow for scripts?
    •  
      CommentAuthornataliet
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008

No, nothing happens at all. I just get a tiny error sign at the lower left corner. It does that on my laptop, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008

I'm getting that too! I will ask my husband!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Picture test...
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Picture test #2
    Picture test #2
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Hmmm...still trying to figure it out...
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008 edited

Natalie, when you click BBCode, do you get a little toolbar above the text box that we type in?
    • CommentAuthorAnnmuin
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009

• CommentAuthorAnnmuin

• CommentAuthorAnnmuin

• CommentAuthorAnnmuin
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009