Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited

Look at the end of that post:
    "I hate BM"

What? Did he really say that?
    Maybe it is because he has played it so many times he can't stand it anymore? I vaguely remember him saying something like that in an interview.

I think many musicians begin to hate their most popular songs because they become like an albatross around their necks. Don't know if that is why Bernard said that though.
    Ahh we all know Barney hates it. LOL "BLUE FUCKIN MONDAY!!!!" as he always put it and numerous smartassed comments about it at live shows. Cracks me up.

At least its a song THEY wrote opposed to songs like "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds (for the Breakfast Club soundtrack) and the lead singer hating it to death and still plays it to this day live. heh. "I just do it for the fans". He should start announcing it as "DONT YOU FUCKING FORGET ABOUT ME, FUCK YOU!" heh.
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008

If a band doesn't like a song, they shouldn't have to sing it, in my opinion.

At first I thought it was someone from NOOL who hated Blue Monday...but still, I really like that song, it's great to dance to.
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited

I hadn't learnt yet that Jim Kerr hates "Don't you..." - LMAO! It's a cool song, btw...
    I agree, guys, maybe it's about singing over and over.
    *agreeing with Jana's comment above*