Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

A while back I wrote to Hooky about my frustration with NOOL and how cruel posters can be to both the band and members. He just wrote me back today. I didn't know this, but half the band wanted to start their own web fan site and the other half didn't. In true democratic fashion, it was never done because they couldn't all agree. I guess they were never all in the same place at the same time and on the same page, which is why he is all alone now. He wished they had moved forward in the same direction. Sad, isn't it? His email left me kind of melancholy. Poor Hooky.:face-sad:
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008

We wished they had moved forward in the same direction!:face-sad:
    It's sad what happened with NO. Am I the only one who is optimistic about a NO reunion? I hope Hooky and Barney will solve their disagreement.

I rarely post on NOOL now. I have troubles with some people attitude over there....Some people aren't really open-minded there...Sad.

It's good Hooky wrote you back though.
    • CommentAuthorJanaT

In fact, no, Genie... I also hope that they will find a way back to each other. I'd rather believe this.:face-plain:
    I am less and less optimistic. Just the vibe that I got from Hooky's message. He seems sad too. Maybe if he hadn't spoken to the press so much I would feel otherwise, but I don't see it happening in the near future. Of course that's not to say that I don't wish it would happen.

For the time being, I want Bad Lieutenant to put something out there! Come on, guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy

I'm glad you got his opinion on it. Well, NO's been through a lot and it would be nice if they got back together but they have been for around 2 decades.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlison

I don't think it's going to happen for a while yet, but hopefully NO will get back together one day. I'd like them to, anyway.

I'm looking forward to hearing Bad Lieutenant and also Hooky's Freebass as well!
    • CommentAuthorAdriana

I think , saddly, that our dear Barney is who doesnīt want to have a meeting with Hookey... :face-crying:

On the other hand, Barney doesnīt like to approaching his own fans: there isnīt any Bernard Sumner official page, neither Myspace nor Facebook,...NONE!!!!

This is my opinion..., maybe I am wrong... :face-plain:
    I agree, Adriana. I am pretty sure that Bernard is the reason there is no real official NO fan site and I believe he will be the reason there will be no reunion. I think Hooky went a little too far when he left the band and I don't think Bernard is the forgiving type. I don't know why he is so against any contact with the fans. I wish he was more open to it.:face-sad:
    • CommentAuthorAdriana

"I don't know why he is so against any contact with the fans. I wish he was more open to it"

Perhaps Sarah is the reason for that behaviour... :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentAuthorAdriana

By the way...Does anyone rebember there was a SARAH in this forum??????
    We never knew who really she was....
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008

I don't think he's against contact with the fans.. seen plenty of pictures of happy fans posing with him.
    Just has no interest in the promotion of the band or himself, unless absolutely necessary, that's the impression I get.

But yeah, I agree he doesn't seem the forgiving type..

About the Sarah in this forum, that was some NOOL-er playing a prank on us!
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited

I'm with you, Mari.
    The lack of interest on keeping a page for himself on Facebook or Myspace... maybe he is a low profile kind of guy. I also heard he is very nice when he meets his fans.
    About Mr. Hook... Bernard said once: he wanted to leave, so he is the one who is in charge of finding a way back.
    I really hope someday Hooky may think twice. For their fans' sake.
    I think it's a shame that the fan site was vetoed. Bernard wouldn't have had to do anything to maintain it. Most official fan forums I've been to have very little imput from the band.

As far as Hooky finding his way back, from reports it seemed as though he was back-pedalling a bit (i.e. wanting to do a festival this year) but reportedly Bernard nixed that. Of course, we don't know if any of the stories reported are true. Hooky will want to come back at some point, I'm sure of it. The problem will be whether or not Bernard is in a forgiving mood. If he holds grudges, Hooky could stand on his head and it wouldn't matter.

Quite frankly, I'm not that optimistic at this time. It pains me to say it.:face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008 edited

I think Bernard Sumner is more comfortable with the "traditional" fan contact (i.e. posing for photos and signing autographs). I always wonder if he visits our site here. I like to think he does visit, even though I don't make it for him, if that makes sense. I'd love to hear from him...even if it's a restraining order! ;-)

I just hope for something Bernard Sumner. I don't even care if it is New Order at this point. I'd hate to think he is finished with making music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorneworder
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008

I'm with you Jen...though not about the restraining order!!!!!

I think Barney does what 'he' wants and what he needs to, he doesn't seem to need to be a "celebrity" he's in it for the music that he writes, plays and produces!

Anyway if you are reading this Mr Sumner "hello" :face-angel:
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008 edited

I think you're right, Jen, about the 'traditional fan contact'.. who would've thought, he's old fashioned! :P

Can't believe he's finished with making music, though. It's his job, isn't it. And there's no such thing as a retirement scheme for popmusicians...
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008

For Hooky and Barney...
    Damn effin' straight.