Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I think we have some Whovians in the Angelhood. ^_^

So, why do we love the Doctor? Is it because he's a Time Lord? That he regenerates? The sonic screwdriver as the tool to end all tools? Is it the beloved TARDIS, the vehicle to end all vehicles?

Hey, there's a reason or another for us to cheer, WE <3 THE DOCTOR AND WE CANNOT LIE!!!

Oh and... one reason I <3 the Doctor and I cannot lie...

Memorable quotes from the Doctor, "Doctor Who" [Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor] episode "Robot," parts 1 through 4.

~ Why is a mouse when it spins?
    ~ Yes of course, obvious place. [when he finds key to TARDIS in his Third-Version shoe]
    ~ I'm THE Doctor, the definite article you might say.
    ~ As for the physionomy... well, nothing's perfect... I have to take the rough with the smooth... mind you, I think the nose is a definite improvement. As for the ears... well I'm not too sure.
    ~ I can't waste anymore time. Things to do, places to go. I'm a busy man too, you know.
    ~ Mother, mother, I feel sick--send for the Doctor, quick! quick! quick! Mother dear, shall I die? Yes my darling, by and by. One... two... three... four... [jumping rope with Dr. Sullivan]
    ~ Why should some alien life form invade earth, just to steal a new weapon? If they were that advanced they'd have weapons of their own.
    ~ I'm a friend of humanity.
    ~ Aren't you forgetting that in science as in morality the end never justifies the means?
    ~ Come along then!
    ~ Would you like a jelly baby?
    ~ There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes.
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008

Why had Rose got to die?

Why didn't people like Billie Piper?

What happened to tenth Doctor? Will he get back?
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008

Sunny, you're great at brainwashing people to like things! I'm going to check this show out.
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008

I liked Billie. Heck, I liked Catherine Tate too, and she wasn't popular either, I think.
    The tenth doctor had better come back or else!!! It's bad enough about torchwood...:face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlison
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008

Nice picture, Sunny! I remember watching the earlier episodes many years ago.I've been watching the repeats of the latest series that are on BBC3 at the moment. I think Catherine Tate was good, certainly better than I expected her to be.

I hope that the tenth Doctor comes back too!:face-smile:
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008

It's bad enough about torchwood...

What about Torchwood, Mari?
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008

It stopped after season 2, as far as I understand?
    About the pic I posted Alison ~ it's my current siggy pic in the David Tennant forum I post in. In this case it's the beloved 4th Doctor, brilliantly portrayed by Tom Baker. :-) It also includes my favorite Doctor quote, said from that very 4th Doctor.
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008

It stopped after season 2, as far as I understand?

I didn't know that... sad news...:face-crying:
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008

^^^you DON'T want to know what happened in the last episode... :face-crying: :face-crying:Umm, haven't got there yet, thankfully.
    ^_^ New siggy ~ Ten faces, one TARDIS--one Doctor...

BTW, I haven't seen Torchwood--yet. Not yet.
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008 edited

OMG, Mari, who died on the last episode? :face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthornataliet

This might be a stupid question- I used to watch Doctor Who on PBS when I was a kid, but haven't seen it since. Where should I start? Are all these out on DVD?
    Not a stupid question, Natalie. I haven't seen it since it was on PBS either. :face-sad:
    • CommentAuthorJanaT

I just know the tenth Doctor, LOL! I started to watch when Rose were still on.

I don't know, Natalie, but I feel it's a good start if you go for series 1 (2005), with the ninth Doctor. At the end of this season, he regenerates into the tenth Doctor (David Tennant). It's also the season when they introduced the gorgeous Captain Jack from Torchwood. You can see a little bit more on Doctor Who Series One
    You can find the DVD sets on Amazon (series 1 to 3- series 4 will be released about the end of the year).
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008 edited

are you sure you want to know, Jana?

ok..

SPOILERS

Owen and Toshiko

:face-crying: :face-crying:
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008 edited

OMG, Mari, what a tragical final!
    Now now, let's have more happiness around. Would anyone like a jelly baby?

• CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008 edited

Huahuahuahuahuahua!!! I found this and I couldn't resist... anyone can guess why?! :face-devil-grin: LOL!

• CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008

ooooooooooooooooh man triple hotness... someone give me a fan, please. No, give me a bucket of ice and cold water so I can put my head in it...
    LOL One stop shopping. :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008

One stop shopping.

LOL!!
    Doc. Jack. Mast.

Triple threat, oh yeah!! :face-devil-grin:
    Your daily dose of the Who--is two YouTubes today!! This case it's the Children in Need special episode, Time Crash. Thrilling bit is, this episode includes the also-brilliant Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison! :-) Very, very classic.

Time Crash - Part 1

Time Crash - Part 2

Enjoy! ^_^
    Hehehe... *BUMP!!*

More Whoness for the masses.

The avatar of the week:

And the fun I had with this:
    Siggy 1

Siggy 2 *my favorite!!*
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008

I'm actually a big fan of British comedy like Are You Being Served? so I think I'll check this out!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlison
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008

For those of you who haven't heard the news yet:

David Tennant Quits As Doctor Who

:face-crying:
    Yeah, I just read about that, Alison. :-\ I'm a little Meh about it to be honest. But I think he did have a good long reign as the Doctor. Can't wait to see who the new Doctor is...
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008

That's so sad! I can empathize how you feel.

I'm excited to see your Dr. Who costume!
    ^_^ Hee.

Noble effort, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008

Amazing job! You portrayed him well. :face-smile:
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008

Hi, Sunny!!!!!! Good to see you!

Tennant is leaving... I'm sad! :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlison
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009

Have you seen this yet?

11th Doctor Revealed

I haven't heard of him before!
    I've seen, I've seen!!

Grant [the boyfriend] thinks Matt's got a chin the size of Texas. :-| I kinda told him to "sha'up!" then and there. I kinda think Matt might make a good Doctor.
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009

OMG, I saw the special on the beeb.. I think he'll be fine! I even think he has the potential to look hawt..
    • CommentAuthorKrafty
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011

We, my brother and I, grew up hiding behind the couch while watching Dr Who in black'n'white. Scariest thing I ever saw was when the Dr was up against the Autons, they were these shop mannequins that would come alive and their wrists would drop off to expose a weapon that would fire as they walked and attacked everyone. But the music was so cool. The Dr back then was the actor who played Worsal Gummage.
    I used to be terrified of the Daleks.....still scare me now! I remember Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker as being "my Dr's"
    • CommentAuthorKrafty
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011

That's him Jon Pertwee, thanks:face-smile: