Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008

I just wanted to let all the angels know that I am having surgery the week of 9/22; probably on 9/22 or 9/23. I will be off work for 2 weeks at least so I'll either be checking in more because I'm bored at home or less because I'm tired from the surgery! So send lots of good vibes and thoughts my way. I will need it!!
    Argh! I hope it's nothing too serious, Jen:face-plain: I have never went under surgery and I hope I won't.

I will be thinking of you during these hard times.:face-smile:

All Angels are with you!:face-angel:
    • CommentAuthormari
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2008

haven't been that active lately, so maybe I missed this, what's the surgery for?

Hope you'll recover soon, I'll think of you:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2008 edited

I have a lipoma, which is a fatty tumor, so it is benign thankfully. They will of course test it when it is removed because they can never be 100% but a malignancy on this type of thing would be VERY VERY rare, according to the doctor. The issue with it is that it is large....15 cm so it has to go away! Has anyone here had a surgery like this before?
    I haven't had any tumors removed, Jen. I hope everything works out well. I am guessing it is the lump on your back? I hope all goes well. You are in all our thoughts and prayers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlison

I haven't either. Good luck with this- I'll be thinking of you too. :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy

I really hope everything goes well, I'll pray for you. :face-angel:
    *cheerful prayers for our fearless leader* :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Thanks, ladies. I should be okay....just really, really tired for a while! I'm mostly just nervous. The hospital called me today and told me I have to be there at 5:30 AM!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthornataliet
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2008

That's really early...at least you'll get it over with quicker that way. Here's wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery!
    • CommentAuthorAdriana
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008

GOOD VIBES - GOOD VIBES - GOOD VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be very well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are here with you!!!!!!!!!!! :face-angel:
    Hey Jen
    Hope you get well let us know if things went ok I remember having surgery for ovarian cysts in this decade something that was very depressing for me god I was really dying for that surgery I was in sooooooooooooo much pain:face-sad: I hope I don't have to go throught that again
    hey don't be scared like me I was petrified to the least my sister got scared for me

GET WELL SOON I HAVE TO CHEER YOU UP:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008

Thanks everyone. I feel great and I am so glad it is over. I was lucky, Margaret that I was never in any pain from it. It was just big (15cm) and had the potential to get very invasive. I am in no pain now either...not yet at least. Hopefully I won't wake up at 3 am in pain! Margaret, I hope you don't go through that again. Do you get checked out for it still, just to make sure no more cysts resurface?
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008

Oh,Jen, I've just known now... I'm glad you're in full recover and you didn't experienced pain. Thanks God!
    I've been through stressful times but I'm always thinking of all the wonderful friendship I've made here. I miss you guys!
    Jana, we love you too. I promise to write you soon with the saga of "Liz's life in hell, the novel" lol

Jen.....I hope you remain pain-free and the healing process goes smoothly. We all love you too, oh great fearless Barney's Angel leader!!!!

Margaret....I am sorry you were in so much pain. I have heard from friends that ovarian cysts can be quite painful. I hope that your surgery years ago fully resolved the issue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlison

Hi Jana! It's good to hear from you again. :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

Thanks ladies. I'm waiting for the pain to start up. Brian was changing my dressings this morning and I got a little light headed and had to lie down when I saw everything but other than that, I'm doing well. Love you all! :face-angel:
    • CommentAuthorOjox

•  
      CommentAuthorwebstercat
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008

Haven't been on for ages, have just read about your surgery. Hope you're ok and it doesn't take too long for you to get back to your old self again.
    Sending love and good healing vibes xx
    :face-angel:
    Yes Jen I have to get my ultra sounds once in a while there is time I am feeling pain in the sides of my stomach and it is scary the living day lights out me but then it goes away the last time it was pain constantly and then my eating habits were going down I hope you don't have to go through it again cause I just hate surgeries I get really nervous from did you????
    Hugs Hooky's angel:face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008

Yes, I was so nervous to have this surgery. I'd never had surgery before or been in the hospital (only to visit other people) so I was scared. Hopefully this is it though! I'm finding it difficult to eat too, Margaret. I'm sure that will pass though...I like to eat. :face-smile:
    • CommentAuthorChiGal
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008

Hope you're feeling better! Sending good Barney vibes your way! :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthornataliet
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008 edited

Glad to hear you're through the surgery! Hope you've got plenty of music to listen to, some trashy magazines to read and maybe a Barney DVD or two to speed the healing. :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorabbeyee
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008

Hope you will feel better soon. i had a surgery once. Removed a big 'thing' from my right upperleg. No pain but could not walk for more than a week. Doing pelasant thing. listening to good music, reading a a good book helped me te get over it quick.
    I'm not religous so i won't pray, but will think of you coming days. Will that help?
    :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008

Good thoughts always help! I have been reading a lot. I was awake until 3:30 this morning reading!
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy

Oh speaking of surgery, I want you to keep a girl named Kristen in your thoughts and prayers, she goes to my school and is in my grade. She got hit by a car and is in the hospital. But the principal told us that she will fully recover and is going to be okay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

That is terrible, DJ. :face-sad: I'll definitely keep her in my thoughts. Glad to hear she is expected to recover.
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008

Yes and I already mentioned this but a bopy on my cross country team got surgery for his rib cage. I feel like everyone is getting injuries! :face-plain:
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008

Thanks, Liz, I miss you so much... hi, Alison! Girls, this is for good! I'm coming back! LOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008

Alright, we missed you Jana!
    I hope you friend is fairing well after surgery, DJ!

Jen, is the drainage tube out yet? I hope you are well.
    • CommentAuthorJanaT
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008

Thanks, DJ! Are you alright, sweetie?:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthordocterjoy

Yes, I'm doing fine, inside and out. My teammate and classmate are too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen

No, Liz. This drain tube is becoming like an extra limb or something. I am still draining too much :-(

DJ, I am glad your friend is doing okay.