Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010

Most of you know, I'm a crazed Manic Street Preachers fan. Anyone else? Any theories as to what happened to Richey Edwards?
    I love the Manics as well since early 90's. In fact I've been listening to their music quite a lot in the past few months after a long pause....It's a big mystery and i can't really tell what happened...who knows?? Only Richey knows!!:face-angel:
    • CommentAuthorAnnmuin
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010

I don't think he's alive. I don't think he would fake his own death. From what I've read about him, he was very talented, gifted and sensitive. I once read that his car was found abandoned. My guess is that he may have drowned himself in the Thames. There are interesting parallels in his story with Ian Curtis'. I mean, I'm not 100% sure, but didn't he disappear right before an American tour? Yeah, I know a lot of people hope that he's alive. I think he was just one of those people that were too fragile for this world. I mean,'once to make a point to a music journalist, he once wrote "for real" on his arm with a knife. That's heavy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlison
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010

It was certainly very strange. I heard that his car was found too, if I remember correctly it was found in Wales, not far from where he lived.
    • CommentAuthorkonglong
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013 edited

I think he was just one of those people that were too fragile for this world. I mean,'once to make a point to a music journalist, he once wrote "for real" on his arm with a knife. That's heavy.