Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentTimeAug 8th 2010
    There is a whole list of bands/singers I'm ashamed to admit I enjoy. There's also a whole bunch I'm ashamed to admit that I just don't like or get....such as Radiohead! So make your confessions here!
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2010 edited
    As I get older, I'm not so ashamed--Miami freestyle, Stevie B. Being the classic example! Stevie B. Spring Love
    • CommentAuthorAnnmuin
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010
    Oh, I remember him.

My teenage faves were Duran Duran. I loved them from the ages of 15 until I was 18. I still kinda like them. I discovered New Order the summer before my senior year of high school. At the time, I dismissed my earlier faves for my new favorite band. What I noticed is that a lot of today's bands admit to being influenced by both bands, like for example the Killers and Fallout Boy.
    I can't stand Muse! I can't stand Muse! I can't stand Muse!
    • CommentAuthorFoloddiah
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2010
    I can't stand Muse either... But I'm not ashamed of that. : ) Someone could think that it's a bit embarrassing that I like 90s eurodance like Haddaway and Captain Jack and such but it's such a joke that I don't really count that embarrassing. But somehow I wouldn't like to be caught listening to Oasis or Depeche Mode. I do like some some of their songs but I'd be kind of embarrassed if somebody other than my room mate spotted me listening to them!
    I was a bit ashamed that i liked Duran Duran in the early 80's.....people used to make fun of it, especially my brothers and their friends......later in mid 80's i moved on to the Smiths and other great musicians so no shame in that!
    Now that i listen to Duran Duran i realize that their music is way better than so many shitty bands nowadays!!:face-angel:

I'm not crazy about Muse as well, and i don't get the hype around them...they sound like a Radiohead/Porcupine Tree wanna be...Sorry i prefer the originals!!!
    Oasis were definitely not my cup of tea, and i couldn't relate to the hype around them as well back in the 90's!!!:face-angel:
    • CommentAuthorAnnmuin
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010
    What I couldn't stomach was Oasis' arrogance! I always preferred Blur to them.
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010
    I can't stand Muse or Oasis either!
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2010
    I know it's a hanging offence, but as much as i love New Order, i really really love James. Sorry ladies, i can't help it. Tim Booth does it for me. I'll get me coat and leave....
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010
    That's nothing to be ashamed of (in my opinion anyway!), I love James too! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010
    I love James too. No shame in that!
    Can I confess that Hall+Oates has been growing on me? Can I??
    Yes you can. They have on me as well. Feel no shame over that one.

I gotta say, I really have a soft spot for Dave Matthews Band, that's probably my biggest least the one that comes to mind first. I've got a few though.
    Works for me, Bernard. Another musical guilty pleasure? The Verve Pipe. And--no crucifying me here--Nicki Minaj and Drake. The only two rappers I have respect for right now.
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2011
    I love Hall and Oates! No shame in that!