Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Okay, for those who don't quite have a trite of a clue... oh heck, for those who know me well on Facebook, you already know. For the rest of you Angels, bear with me. I'm sure Jen's probably going, "OMG here we go... LMAO!" <3

It's official. OMD is my new favorite band. Have been for the past three and a half weeks now. You can thank the boyfriend [new boyfriend. name is joe. grant and i have been split some two years now... but that's a whole other thread] for this one--we both went to go see 'em live three and a half weeks ago and, OMG they. f#%king. rule.

Anyone else an OMD fan? Testing waters before I go fangirly and talk about the ENTIRE night... lol!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlison
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011

I remember reading about you and Joe going to see OMD, Jenn. I like them too. :face-smile:
    • CommentAuthorKrafty
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011

Sunny, did they play Joan of Arc? I remember that being a cool song of theirs.:face-smile:
    Apparently when I tried to reply to this on the mobile last time I was on it, it wouldn't let me post. So now that I'm on the laptop, sorry for the delay!!!!!!

+ Alison|OMG it was AWESOME'SAUCE!!! [Yeah, a month and a half since I've seen 'em and I'm STILL gone squee-happy about it. Not everyday that something like that happens!!]

+ Krafty|Oh yes, they played BOTH 'Joan of Arc's... ^.^

The Setlist - Saturday 17 September 2011|The Beacham|Orlando, Florida, United States

1] Dazzle Ships
    2] New Babies; New Toys *
    3] Messages
    4] Tesla Girls
    5] Radio Waves
    6] History of Modern [Part 1]
    7] [Forever] Live and Die
    8] If You Leave
    9] Souvenir
    10] Joan of Arc
    11] Joan of Arc: Maid of Orleans [best known simply as 'Maid of Orleans']
    12] Statues
    13] Green *
    14] Talking Loud and Clear
    15] So In Love
    16] Sister Mary Says *
    17] Locomotion
    18] Dreaming
    19] Sailing on the Seven Seas
    20] Enola Gay

*ENCORE*
    21] Walking on the Milky Way
    22] Secret **
    23] Electricity

* Tracks from their latest album from September 2010, "History of Modern."
    ** Miami was the tour stop the night before the Orlando show, as well as the first stop in the recently-ended North American round of the History of Modern Tour; that night [the Miami gig] marked the return of "Secret" to a gig set list since the last time they were in America in 1988.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJen
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2011

Jenn, I need to dive into OMD a little more. I have not listened to much of their stuff and I need to. That's what I'll do tomorrow in between classes!